The assessment of the security-related risks (contamination, loss interference and destruction) confronting the assets (people, property, product and information) belonging to any company or business unit.
These assessments may examine commercial premises and environments such as mine sites, wharves, warehouses and distribution centres, manufacturing facilities and corporate offices.
The risk assessments undertaken by FBIS comply with the methodologies prescribed within AS/NZS 4360 : 2004 Risk Management.
Corporations undertake security related assessments for a variety of reasons which may include:
- Compliance to legislative requirements, in industries such as mining and maritime and those that use explosive or hazardous materials.
- Compliance to existing security policy.
- Effectiveness of existing technical and physical security measures.
- Suggested enhancements to existing technical and physical security measures.
- Opportunities for improving protection against competitor intelligence.
- The prevention of asset loss, damage or interference, or other adverse incidents.
- Strategies for business continuity.